Both a restaurant and a café within the main Royal Castle building, Zamek is an excellent place for lunch or high tea when you’re visiting Warsaw’s Old Town.
Café Zamek is actually within the Warsaw’s Royal Castle, on the ground floor, next to the gift shop, although you can also enter from the street, in the little square to the left.
Cafe Zamek street entrance
There is a powerful but faded aristocratic charm about the antique furniture and chandeliers. The menu features Polish classics and there are fine cakes and coffee to be had.
Cafe Zamek interior
Best of all, the terraces look out over the castle grounds and the Vistula river. You’ll pay a little bit extra here but it’s generally worth it.
Cafe Zamek terrace view
Cafe Zamek address: ul. plac Zamkowy 4, Warsaw 00-277 Poland
Old and New Town Districts: Meticulously reconstructed after WWII, Warsaw’s historical Old Town contains many of the city’s key landmarks, including the must-see Royal Castle, and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site. The New Town is quieter and home to excellent boutique hotels, such as the Mamaison Le Regina. The district is full of great restaurants, but try traditional U Barssa on the Market Square, if you can’t decide.
Read more reviews on TripAdvisor.
Restaurants, Bars, and Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Michelin Restaurants in Warsaw
- Warsaw Restaurants Google Map
- Warsaw Nightlife
- Warsaw Nightlife Google Map
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Warsaw Visit Google map:
- Open the Warsaw Visit map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Warsaw Sightseeing
- BLUE: Warsaw Hotels
- RED: Warsaw Places To Eat – Michelin restaurants are DARK RED
- ORANGE: Warsaw Nightlife
- PURPLE: Shopping In Warsaw
- GREEN: Warsaw Transportation