With an iconic view from its sky-high pool and excellent restaurants, the InterContinental Warszawa is perhaps the city’s landmark hotel.
Nestled just behind the iconic Palace of Culture and Science, the InterContinental is Warsaw’s tallest hotel – which the unparalleled view from the pool on the 43rd floor makes clear. The facilities are everything you would expect from 5-star accommodation. (Check availability and pricing on Booking.com or Agoda.com).
The rooms, which start on the 24th floor, ensure a stunning view of the city the further up you go. Rooms are decorated in warm colours, with deep carpets and wooden furniture. Every bathroom has a shower and tub. Lobby areas have a luxurious feel with rich fabrics and marble. While the character of the hotel is perhaps lacking some genuine individuality, it is still highly tasteful and a delight to stay in. Service is, as you would expect, excellent.
The restaurant is a highlight, with the menu overseen by celebrity chef Karol Okrasa – a contemporary take on regional Polish cooking. There are two other restaurants on site. In addition to the fabulous pool on the 43rd floor, there is a sky-high wellness centre with gym and sauna. The InterContinental is also wel-located for transport links into the city.
Warsaw certainly has more beautiful locations but very few can compete with the sky-high view from this excellent hotel.
InterContinental Warszawa address: Emilii Plater 49, Sródmiescie, 00-125 Warsaw, Poland
Powiśle and Northern Śródmieście Districts: Sometimes referred to as ‘downtown Warsaw’, Śródmieście contains the Royal Route of Nowy Świat and Krakowskie Przedmiescie – two historic streets crammed with things to see and do. The area is also home to the iconic Palace Of Science And Culture and the stunning InterContinental Warszawa hotel. These districts are peppered with amazing restaurants, including the Michelin listed Szóstka.
Help With Choosing Your Warsaw Hotel
- Warsaw Hotels Google Map
- Where To Stay In Warsaw
- Best Warsaw Luxury Hotels
- Best Warsaw Boutique Hotels
- Best Warsaw Family Accommodation
- Best Warsaw Mid-Range Hotels
- Best Warsaw Business Hotels
- Best Warsaw Budget Hotels
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Warsaw Visit Google map:
- Open the Warsaw Visit map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Warsaw Sightseeing
- BLUE: Warsaw Hotels
- RED: Warsaw Places To Eat – Michelin restaurants are DARK RED
- ORANGE: Warsaw Nightlife
- PURPLE: Shopping In Warsaw
- GREEN: Warsaw Transportation